Head of Lower School
Curriculum Areas: Administration, PK-5th
Location: Oak Hill School, Eugene, OR
Schedule: 12 month, 1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week, full time position.
Reports to: Head of Lower School
Benefits: Oak Hill offers full time employees paid employee-only medical, dental and vision insurance with family options. Holiday and PTO time. TIAA-Cref retirement available. Benefits package is subject to change on annual renewal.
Appointment Type: Salaried exempt 12 month full time position.
Located in Eugene, Oregon Oak Hill school is an independent school that focuses on rigorous college preparatory programs for its approximately 200 students ranging from Pk-12. Oak Hill offers a innovative lower school experience which includes Mandarin, Spanish and French, Natural World Programs, Music, Art and Technology as part of the core curriculum.
Major Position Responsibilities
The Lower School Head serves as the educational leader of Oak Hillís Pre-K through 5th grade program which consist of approximately 100 students. This position, in collaboration with the Head of School and other school leadership insures the strength and effectiveness of Oak Hill Schoolís academic experience.
- Serve as the chief educational leader for the lower school, responsible for its day to day operations, directing the activities of faculty in the performance of their duties.
- Partner with other members of the senior administration to provide leadership, direction, and decision making capacity for the Oak Hill School Community.
- Serve as the PK-5th grade administrator for issues pertaining to student issues and parental concerns
- Being a visible presence in all areas of the school; to work toward a resolution of all problems, both routine and unique as they arise, to keep the head of school informed of the general problems, activities and programs of the school.
- Facilitate scheduling of Lower School classes including specialists
- Providing for the academic guidance of all students; maintaining complete academic records on all students; overseeing the grading and the reporting of standards and methods used by teachers in measuring student achievement.
- Observe, supervise and evaluate all Lower School personnel.
- Analyze, organize and coordinate current and future Oak Hill PK-5 curriculum for the school ensuring appropriate innovation and best practices.
- Assist in the admission process of evaluating applications for lower school students including testing, interviewing and evaluating applicants for enrollment.
- Overseeing the coordination of the co-curricular and extracurricular activity programs of the lower school; assisting in the planning and the presentation of school assemblies, programs, and events; assisting in maintaining a comprehensive calendar of school events; informing the entire school community of various school program s and activities.
- Maintain a supportive school climate which reflects high staff morale and open, regular communication with the Head of School, faculty, students and families.
Education and Experience Required.
- Bachelorís degree and a minimum of five years of professional experience as a lead/independent classroom teacher or other equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree or advanced studies in educational leadership
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with all constituents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Encourages collaborative teamwork in and out of the classroom, models effective communication skills for students and teachers.
- Strong experience with technology integration and innovation.
- Ability to work well in a group, be flexible around hours of operations, working around events, etc.
- Excellent verbal, written and creative communication skills
- Strong pro-active work ethic and ability to solve problems
- Demonstrated sound judgement, dependability, responsibility honesty and maturity
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail are highly desired.
- Flexibility in duties as assigned, ability to multi-task and smoothly work between multiple projects
- High level of professionalism
- Applicant must have current, insurable Oregon driverís license, be able to pass a background check and must be able to secure current first aid certification.
Requires light work that involves walking or standing most of the time.
May be required to supervise outside activities in inclement weather.
This position must speak, read, write and communicate clearly in the English language.
This position may be required to lift up to 20lbs.
The job requires frequent sitting, walking and standing and applicants must be able to lift objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
This position is required to work on-site; the duties of the position cannot be fully completed via remote.
Please send your curriculum vitae, or resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
Application process is open until filled.