Upper School P.E. Teacher
Physical Education/Health Faculty – Part-time
Location: Oak Hill School, Eugene, OR
Schedule: Part Time .40 FTE – academic year appointment (20 hours per week)
Reports to: Head of School
Salary Range: $13,000 @ .40 FTE
Benefits: Employee-only medical, dental and vision insurance with family options. Holiday and PTO time. TIAA-Cref retirement available.
Oak Hill School seeks a dynamic and talented faculty member who will promote the curiosity and exploration of physical movement while fostering an appreciation of lifelong fitness. The successful candidate will be able to incorporate techniques and strategies that grow the social and emotional learning of students while also teaching physical education. The ideal candidate will be able to work collaboratively and positively in tandem with other physical education and coaching professionals to continue to advance Oak Hill’s physical education and athletics program.
The ideal faculty member will create a rich learning environment, employ varied teaching approaches, and use multiple tools to engage a broad age group of students. Energetic enthusiasm for physical movement, education, athletics, and school sports programs is essential.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, manage and develop a dynamic and engaging PE curriculum for grades 6-12 designed to support physical fitness, sports playing and guide students toward an active and healthy lifestyle.
- Provide student learning via class instruction on a daily basis for grades 6-12 providing students positive instruction in furtherance of Oak Hill’s mission.
- Effectively oversee the learning environment to ensure students can learn safely, effectively, feel included and empowered regardless of skill level.
- Delivery of assignments and timely evaluation of all relevant classwork and student progress.
- Timely and proactive communication with parents about student progress.
- Collaboration with other members of faculty, admin and staff on experiential, interdisciplinary and community-based learning opportunities that add to the school.
- Active positive participation in all faculty meetings.
- Support of division and school-wide initiatives through committee work where appropriate.
- Supervise and/or participate in nonacademic activities including study halls, dances, class trips, etc.
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will hold at least a Bachelor’s in physical education, health, or related field. An advanced degree is strongly preferred.
Proven knowledge and expertise to effectively perform teaching duties including but not limited to the following areas: Physical Education, Health, Sports Science
Minimum of 1-3 years teaching in a high school or college setting.
Minimum of 1-3 years coaching experience and willingness to coach a sport.
The successful candidate will also possess a positive attitude, excellent verbal skills, strong organizational skills and proven success within a work setting that requires collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
A willingness to collaborate and engage in dialogue about instructional practices with peers, and an interest in participating at a schoolwide level in activities is essential.
To apply, please forward Cover Letter, Resume or C.V., and three references to email@example.com with "Physical Education Faculty" in the subject line.
Oak Hill School is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. Oak Hill encourages all qualified individuals to apply and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.
Oak Hill prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies.
How Do I Become a Substitute Teacher?
To be on our substitute teacher list, you need to apply as you would any other teaching position.
What About Salary?
Salary for both regular and part-time faculty and staff will be based upon experience, certifications, and other qualifications.
What About Non-Teaching Staff Positions?
Non-teaching staff positions are also listed on this page as they become available. Eligibility requirements for these positions are the same, other than licensing requirements.