4th Grade Teacher
Position Title: Oak Hill school Faculty
Curriculum Areas: All
Grades: 4th grade teacher
Location: Oak Hill School, Eugene, OR
Schedule: A 1.0 FTE Contract is – 40 hours per week with up to 34 hours of student contact. This position will be filled as follows. Total FTE may vary.
Reports to: Director of Faculty & Curriculum
Benefits: Fully paid employee-only medical, dental and vision insurance with family options. Holiday and PTO time. TIAA-Cref retirement available. Benefits package is subject to change on annual renewal.
Appointment Type: 1.0 FTE exempt – 10-month faculty appointment evaluated for renewal annually
Major Position Responsibilities
Teaching/Instruction. Faculty members are expected to be effective teachers and excel in course instruction.
● Select and develop instructional materials; plan and organize instruction to enhance student learning; create appropriate assignments to encourage student learning, the development of communication skills and higher order thinking.
● Use a variety of proven methods of engagement and assessment that facilitate student mastery of the content.
● Provide students constructive, encouraging and corrective feedback. ● Evaluate student learning by creating and applying course competencies and accurately evaluating student progress.
● Strive to increase teaching effectiveness through the application of appropriate teaching and learning strategies; evaluate student learning and modify instructional methods and strategies as appropriate to meet diverse student needs.
● Meet classes as scheduled; notify the appropriate faculty in advance if absent, and, arrange for a substitute instructor or assignments for class.
● Maintain accurate and current records of students’ academic standing promptly providing final grades, attendance, and other information as required by administration.
● Respect the confidentiality of student information; refrain from discussing or releasing such information except within recognized limits.
● Evaluate students solely based on academic performance and respond promptly to student or parent grade questions.
● Create and revise, develop and update where appropriate, program curricula.
● Supervise students, ensuring a safe and healthy environment in the classroom and other areas of campus.
● Exhibit flexibility, positivity and a willingness to collaborate on various teaching platforms including distance learning models, hybrid models, and on site models of education due to state policies around COVID-19.
Oak Hill Community. Faculty members are expected to contribute to the creation of a collegial culture and contribute to the growth, and enhancement of the Oak Hill mission and programs.
● Attend and participate in all required meetings and exercise stewardship in the use of Oak Hill facilities and materials.
● Collaborate with faculty, staff and stakeholders to create, preserve, develop and enhance partnerships.
● Treat all members of the Oak Hill community with respect, demonstrating professional, courteous behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution when needed.
● Participate in Oak Hill committees and instructional and school-wide planning to assist in recruitment and retention of students, faculty and staff.
● Attend and participate in professional development opportunities as offered by Oak Hill.
● Participation in nonacademic activities including but not limited to community events, class trips, etc.
Education and Experience Required:
● Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
● Proven knowledge and expertise to effectively perform teaching duties in specific content areas.
● At least three years prior classroom teaching experience is preferred.
● A positive attitude, excellent written and verbal skills, strong organizational skills, and proven success within a work setting that requires collaboration, cooperation, and collegiality.
● A willingness to collaborate and engage in dialogue about instructional practices with peers, and an interest in participating at a school-wide level in activities is essential.
● Ability to incorporate interdisciplinary concepts into lesson plans throughout the year.
This position is subject to completion of a successful background check.
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by Oregon State Law.
This position may be required to lift to 20lbs.
Physical demands include dexterity of office machine/supply operation including computer/telephone, copy machine and printers. Stooping, bending, and reaching for files or supplies required. Sitting or standing for extended periods of time are common.
Due to COVID, this position may be required to work on-site and via remote; however, the duties of the position cannot be fully completed via remote.
To apply, please forward Cover Letter, Resume or C.V., and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Oak Hill School provides equal employment opportunities to all personnel and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information or condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or status as a veteran.