The Gonyea House, 1953
Oak Hill School is located on the top of an oak-dotted rise on the southern outskirts of Eugene, Oregon. The 72 acre campus is the site of a former horse farm and vestiges of this history remain in the layout and architecture. This painting was donated to the school by a member of the Gonyea family, original residents of the property.
Today, the Gonyea House is the central administrative building for the school. Inside, a visitor will find the main office, the business office, and the Admissions office. The Gonyea House is also the site of the Lower School library (our 'Gather Room'), the new pre-school program, and our long-lasted after school program, KIDS' Club.