Oak Hill School
Activities Coordinator- Registrar
Oak Hill School is an independent K-12 School serving over 200 students in Eugene, Oregon. With a focus on a rigorous college preparatory education, Oak Hill prides itself on a campus robust with broad activity, focused award-winning programs, small classes and strong community circle.
The Registrar maintains student records, records attendance and serves as AP and PSAT Testing Coordinator. This position is responsible as the immunization coordination, timely issuing of transcripts and student records. This position must exhibit professionalism, collegiality in a team environment and create a welcoming and professional atmosphere in a busy office environment. The Activities Coordinator oversees all campus activities including resource allocation, planning and execution of events.
This position collaborates and fosters harmonious interactions across the campus including Lower School / Assistant Head, Upper and Middle School Coordinators, unit Directors, parents and students.
- Manage student records, transcripts, and student information via online and manual systems.
- Ensures the integrity, accuracy and security of all academic records of current and former students.
- Tracks student progress toward graduation and produces official transcripts.
- Manage immunizations including tracking and reporting via required agencies.
- Coordinate and manage inputting all student information into the database ALMA; using the system to full capacity to create efficiency.
- Create report cards, progress reports and track GPAs.
- Assist Upper/Middle School leadership with CollegeBoard Testing including scheduling, test ordering, coordination and return.
- Track and report student service hour requirements.
- Track and report student attendance daily
- Lead establishment of academic calendar in consultation with academic leadership.
- Communicate with parents, volunteers and donors on a consistent basis via the Community Support Association and other venues. Facilitate the Pass through of communication to Head of School and Others if appropriate to keep them informed of issues.
- Manages school calendars including academic, organizational, community and student database calendar.
- Plans, facilitates and manages campus-wide activities including routing all activity requests, resource management, coordination, planning and execution of events. This includes events such as Grandparent Day, Back to School BBQ, student recognition ceremonies, graduation and other Oak Hill Events.
- Facilitate campus communications to faculty staff and parents via email list serves and written communications. This includes daily announcements and weekly “Greengram”
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Oak Hill School in person, phone and email. Ensure all visitors are received in a warm, welcoming manner aligned with Oak Hill School culture.
- Route all questions efficiently and effectively to appropriate areas insuring follow up as required.
Academic Administrative Support
- Provide administrative support as required to academic areas. This includes summer packet collection and distribution, report card distribution, and annual contract distribution.
- Aid the business office as required.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to handle confidential and sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated ability to have poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated abilities in self-direction and sound judgement.
- Continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Work within a fast-paced environment with the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands. Must be able to discern between competing priorities.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Understand and execute oral and written instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, anticipate needs, prioritize tasks, “think on your feet” follow through and work independently with minimal supervision while handling frequent interruptions and rapidly shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated project management, time management and organizational skills
- Experience managing executive calendars, coordinating travel and committees
- Self-motivated, punctual, reliable, organized and flexible.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an office environment which includes providing support to an executive, or broad administrative support to a unit.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, GoogleDocs and familiarity with Adobe Suite.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in events management including planning and execution.
- Experience with student records, FERPA and/or Registrar experience is preferred.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license.
- Physical demands include dexterity of office machine/supply operation including computer/telephone, copy machine and printers. Stooping, bending and reaching for files or supplies required. Sitting or standing for extended periods of times are common. A valid Oregon driver’s license is required.
- Occasional attendance at meetings or activities outside of normal working hours will be required.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience with a general starting range of $35,000 - $40,000 per year.
Oak Hill offers fully paid medical, dental and vision to employees. A self-funded TIAA-Cref retirement plan is available. Paid vacation and PTO.
This is a year-round position. Hours are generally Monday – Friday during the academic year with partial office closures during academic winter and spring break. Summer hours are abbreviated.
To apply please forward a current resume and cover letter which outlines how your experience and skills meet the qualifications of this position to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format.
This position is available immediately. For full consideration please submit your materials prior to October 1, 2020. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.